Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A Change of Venue

Sometimes, even in a place as big as Southern California, you feel like your runs are all the same. I mean... how many ocean front runs can one person handle! (its tough to deal with)

The one thing we lack unless you drive away from the westside is trails. By trails I mean the kind that wind through woods and fields not the paved kind that stretch for miles along the ocean.

With that in mind, I am looking forward to a change of venue as I venture back to Holland Michigan (my hometown) in about a week. Pretty much every run of more than three or four miles can include trails of some sort.

I'm looking forward to the deep forest trail runs that take me through a world full off fall colors the likes of which I have not seen in years. I'm looking forward to the muddy trail runs in a downpour of rain. I'm looking forward to running in the rain (something we see very little of here in Santa Monica).

A change of venue like this usually makes me run faster, something I can really use right now! Even though I grew up there, it will be like a giant exploration of place that even though familiar now somehow now seem new.

The adventure begins on September 17th... I'll keep you posted!

What's your favorite trail run?



Digg!

No comments:

Post a Comment