Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Training_Log

Had an awesome weekend. Went down to Orange County on Saturday and hung out with my brother, sister-in-law and niece. We had a little, post-birthday party for me and pre-birthday party for my niece. I'll be sure to post the video of her with her first birthday cake it's hilarious!

Sunday morning it was me and my brother up while the girls still slept for a run! I have to say, although he didn't admit it, my brother had to feel a little like he was running with an anchor tied around his waist. My training has been a little off.

Funny how even someone like me who is all about running can go through a running funk and not train literally for weeks on end. I guess once you don't get out for a couple of days the itch can sort of fade a little.

One solution... a training log. If you use one no matter what the variety; paper, electronic,etc, you kind of hate to go back to it after a few days if you haven't been training and see all of those missed workouts or blank pages.

The other thing it does for you is help you track what things occur before and after you have a training funk so that you can see it coming and take action to avoid it.

Aside from that its just a great way to help you monitor your progress and motivate you on those not so great days.

I use an electronic one from Active.com. You can find it here. There are both a free version and a paid version depending on just what you want it to do for you. You'll also find some great training plans if you're not sure what to do to get ready for your next big race adventure!

Gotta go run! I'm back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment