Friday, February 6, 2009

Never Ever Stop!

Its raining outside right now. I know you may be thinking "Big Deal", its snowing here! We don't get a lot of rain in Southern California. For me it is an incredibly refreshing thing. I actually plan my runs so that I can get out and get wet.

It seems to me though that I hear lots of folks talking about how the weather gets in the way of their training.

If you'll stop training because of the weather, you'll probably stop for any other little reason you can come up with.

The question really is... how bad do you want it? If you don't find a way to get out and train, you're not really that committed to it! Whatever it is that makes you move is not as strong as whatever it is that's keeping you from getting out there. And that, is a problem!

Now before you go and get all offended because I said you weren't committed and I don't even know your circumstances, remember one thing...

This is my blog and its about the mindset behind getting extreme performance out of yourself. You don't have to agree with everything I say and you don't have to read if you are offended. All I'm really saying is that if you want to be healthy and vital, set a new P.R., complete a triathlon, run a marathon, walk around the block without losing your breathe... whatever it is you want you have got to go for it rain or shine.

If you shy away from training when the weather isn't perfect, I challenge you to get out in the rain or the snow. You may find that the variety is just what you needed to spice things up and at the very least, you will be proud of yourself for never ever stopping when others do.

That's all! My rant is over for now!

Now get out there and do something!

No comments:

Post a Comment