Thursday, December 30, 2010

Why I Run #2

Talk to anyone about how to get what you want out of life and they will tell you to start out by figuring out what it is you really want.  Get clear on what you you want and more importantly, why you want it!

The only problem with that for most of us is that this takes time.  Time we don't think we have (even though most of us really do).

Running, gives me time.  And... it gives me clarity.

When I'm out on a long solo run there may be hours where I'm not interupted by anything except possibly a passing car.  The longer you run the less entangled you become in the world of your everyday life.  For some of us we go instantly into a relaxed zone the minute we start running.  For others it may take a half hour of running or so.

My life can be going in 200 different directions at the start of a run and yet if I can just take those first few steps, I enter a world of total undistracted clarity.  Its absolutely amazing!

I get more done while on a run (usually unintentionally) and then immediately afterwards than I do at any other time of the day.

Just another reason I run.

No comments:

Post a Comment