Sunday, May 10, 2009

Amazing Grace and the Incredible Run!

I will be the first to admit that my Christian walk is not exactly what it should be.  I do however enjoy listening to all kinds of music when I do long runs including contemporary Christian music.  I find it to be peaceful and rejuvenating.

This morning as I ran my 8 mile loop which takes me out about 5 miles before I hit the infamous Santa Monica 4th Street stairs. View Video
I was listening to one such artist, Chris Tomlin.  Now throwing the stairs in at mile 5 is a pretty cool and extremely taxing exercise and I'll admit, there was some handrail holding going on by me as I made the climb up to the top.

As I reached the top and continued my run the thought hit me about just how blessed I really am to be here at this moment climbing stairs that many people won't even try especially not in the middle of a run.  When you add to that the fact that just about a year ago, I was lying in a hospital bed after having a heart attack, it takes on additional significance.

Suddenly, as if almost on cue Chris Tomlin's rendition of "Amazing Grace (MyChains Are Gone)" came on my ipod.  I often refer to running as an emotional and almost spiritual experience.  This topped it all!  I have to admit, for the five minutes the song played there were no dry eyes for Tim!

Say what you want to say, believe what you want to believe, in my book there is absolutely no doubt that there is a Higher power than us and for me it is God!  Needless to say the remainder of my run was highly empowering!

What a great day!  Amazing Grace and an incredible run!



No comments:

Post a Comment